Date Approved: 27 October 2020 Next Review Date: 27 October 2023
Greenstar FM Pty Ltd trading as PDFM (PDFM) clearly recognises the importance of, and is committed to, providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all workers, contractors, volunteers, visitors and members of the public. Hazards or risks to health and safety will be eliminated or minimised, as far as is reasonably practicable, so as to prevent injury, illnesses and dangerous incidents.
PDFM considers safety and incident prevention to be vital to the ultimate success of the organisation’s operations and is an integral part of management’s responsibilities. Management is committed to providing all appropriate resources contained within the Integrated Management System (IMS) that includes the necessary tools and procedures to facilitate the success of this business objective.
This organisation shall at all times undertake the following activities:
- Comply with all relevant Work Health and Safety legislation, codes of practice and standards called up under the WHS legislation.
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health.
- Provide and maintain specific safety and health programs that are designed to identify, assess and control hazards and risks associated with organisation’s activities. Where practicable, identified hazards and risks will be eliminated, if however, elimination is not a reasonable option, then other appropriate control methods will be used to minimise those risks so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Identify and put in place the actions necessary to eliminate hazards and/or control risks.
- Provide a forum of an agreed method that actively promotes consultation and involvement of all workers in the achievement of the company’s WHS objectives.
- Provide supervision, training, education, information and instruction to enable workers and management to perform their work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Establish a framework for setting objectives and develop measurable targets to ensure continuous improvement.
- Hold accountable all management and supervisors with the responsibility for the safety of workers, service providers and company property under their control. Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring all regulations, procedures and safe work practices are followed at all times in all operations of the organisation’s activities.
- Require all workers to follow company safety requirements and relevant regulations, procedures and safe work practices. Workers are also required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety, participate in safety training, report all injuries and safety hazards, use safety equipment and personal protective equipment as instructed, and actively participate in safety improvement activities.
- Ensure all service providers engaged by the organisation comply with this policy, health and safety system requirements, rules, legislation or any other such protocols deemed necessary during their engagement.